The Static Honestmeter is an instrument designed to measure the attenuation of static electricity. It is an ideal device for measuring the diffusibility of static in materials. This unit is used to charge the sample by irritating it with air ions generated by corona discharge, and after charge deposition, it can measure the static decay curve. Since air ions are generated by the corona discharge method with AC, the sample under test can be charged with either positive or negative ions.
• Available in 115v or 230v; and 50 or 60Hz ( Please specify which version require)
• If samples are in sheet form, materials such as film, boards, threads, fabric, carpet, and glass
they can all measured using the Honestmeter H-0110 device.
• Charge both negative and positive ions on material as needed.
• Honestmeter’s data can be monitored through an analyzing interface system direct to your PC.
• Downloadable user-friendly excel spreadsheet graphs and half-life calculations can be gathered and
saved to the appropriate folder on your PC.
• Two operation modes; Auto mode or Manual mode
• HV adjustment switch on front console (applied voltage for corona discharge from 0 to 10KV)
• Safety cover to protect probes and turntable is optional
• Sample size for the turntable fixture on top of the honestmeter is a 2” x 2” sheet.
Operation of the Device:
High voltage is applied to the sample until it reaches a faulty charged state or where charge leakage occurs. This is a point of equilibrium or saturation where the measurement cycle begins.
The length of time taken to reach saturation value — 1/2 the initial potential is referred to as the half life cycle